This monumental two-storey palace, built in row on the south side of the Franjevački square (St. Franciscans' Square), has the shape of an elongated rectangle which closes the inner courtyard with three connected courtyard wings.
The building was built from 1768 to 1770 by Jacobus Erber as the Varaždin palace administration headoffice. The palace's original shape was one of a gable with a late baroque trefoil ending.
After the Fire of 1776 its appearance was changed. The palace was given a classicist triangle gable within a risalit central area, with a stone portal at the main entrance and a balcony on the first storey.